[lug] nonMTA mutt

Nate Duehr nate at natetech.com
Sat Feb 14 12:39:17 MST 2004

On Feb 14, 2004, at 9:44 AM, Sam Rosenfeld wrote:

> I have used mutt for some time and would like to resume using it again.
> Recently, I eliminated my MTA and now rely entirely on Pine/IMAP to
> handle
> all my mail via my ISP as mail server.  Can I do the same with mutt
> (which
> I much prefer to Pine), and if so, how?

I looked into using mutt as an IMAP client a while back and did it for
a while.  I didn't like how it slowed it down, but it did work.

A quick Google search for "mutt + IMAP" turned up a ton of sites that
have information on the topic.  I wouldn't presume to try to help since
it was a couple of years ago that I did it, and I'm guessing that
mutt's IMAP support has probably gotten better and could have changed
in how you configure it, but it appears there's plenty of documentation
on the topic out there!  :-)

Nate Duehr, nate at natetech.com