[lug] Adjusting color balance

Elyse M. Grasso emgrasso at data-raptors.com
Thu Feb 19 23:34:27 MST 2004

Is there a way to globally adjust the color balance of a monitor in X windows,
instead of having to adjust each individual image  and/or application? For
some reason reds are weak on my laptop when it is booted into Linux. This is
annoying when viewing DVDs and images, and doing color layouts.

It might just be a pallete selection problem , but I'm not sure how to attack
that either.

 (I'm running KRUD 9 and KDE).

Windows seems less unbalanced, on the rare occasions when I boot into it.

Are there good sample color wheels or other standard images I could use when
trying to diagnose and tweak things?

Thanks
--
Elyse Grasso