[lug] OT--Quality ethernet switches

Stephen Queen svq at peakpeak.com
Wed Feb 25 14:18:46 MST 2004

I am working on an application where we are using ethernet
in a harsh/noisy environement. I think we have a situation
where the noise (emf) becomes so great that the ethernet
connection becomes swamped with errors, and our applications
program thinks its lost its connection. I was also thinking
that the ethernet switch that is receiving the data is an
off the shelf Netgear switch, which is good in an office
environment, could be changed out with a more robust switch.
Does anyone know of a good switch for a hostile environment.

Thanks,
Steve