[lug] OT: netware

Tony Dyson anorak at comcast.net
Fri Feb 27 06:33:14 MST 2004

I've thought for a while that Novell's biggest "mistake" was making 3.11
& 3.12 so good that many of their users had no reason to upgrade. It was
about as temperamental as a hammer.

Five years ago I worked in a shop with Novell LAN servers & an HP 9000
for the "big" database. They all ran like clocks. Then we got a new IT
Director who wanted everything moved onto Windows. I knew it was time to
leave ;-)