[lug] ethernet card for suse 8.2 -- suggestions?

Jim Vickroy jgv-home at comcast.net
Sun Mar 7 09:31:20 MST 2004

Hello,

I am new to Linux and wish to use my comcast cable modem service with suse 8.2 which is installed on a computer that was formerly running microsoft windows 98.

What ethernet cards will work with suse v 8.2?

An online search failed to provide information on which cards will work with linux and suse in particular.  I assume this is a concern because I can not get suse to work with the modem card in this computer.

Thanks for your time.