[lug] OT: Audacity

Hugh Brown hugh at math.byu.edu
Fri Mar 12 18:41:34 MST 2004

On Thu, 2004-03-04 at 07:14, Zichary O`Tea wrote:
> Is there a hack or a trick anyone knows of to make Audacity encode mp3 or
> Ogg on the fly?  Its internal whatever that calls methods in the
> lame_end.dll sucks, and its a pain to export to a wav and convert it to
> mp3 or Ogg from the lame or oggenc.

Is there a hack or trick? Probably.  Is it worth your time to do?  It
all depends.  I have only ever used the export as ogg from the File menu
(which seems to cut out one step of what you describe above, since you
don't have to export as wav first).  I thought I read somewhere recently
that they had just released 1.2.  You might look and see if that option
is available.

Hugh