[lug] Dumb OpenSSL Question

Nate Duehr nate at natetech.com
Tue Mar 23 11:19:33 MST 2004

The Matt said:
> Folks, this is kinda dumb, but #fedora has too much chatter for me to
> get a good answer.  Namely, I run Fedora Core and as you know there was
> an openssl update.  But, I'm trying not to reboot one of my systems, so
> I'm trying to figure out which of the 190990324 services Fedora/Redhat
> runs I need to restart.
>
> I've done the easy ones, sendmail, Apache, and sshd, but I have no idea
> if Canna or some freak service uses SSL.  Any others I missed?

Matt you could also ldd the binaries of anything you see running on your
system and see if they're built with OpenSSL support -- they'd show the
openssl shared objects as requirements if so.

If they're not running they'll load the new stuff when they do.  If
they're running now you can make educated choices on what to restart.

Nate Duehr, nate at natetech.com