[lug] cp problem (>2G)

Greg Seker sekerg at comcast.net
Thu Mar 25 10:37:11 MST 2004

I did the following for 2.4.20 LFS (smbfs) problems:
   Added smbfs-2.4.20-lfs-unicode.patch.gz (can find it thru google)
   Upgraded to Samba 3.0
      (used "./configure --with-smbmount --without-libsmbclient" when building Samba)
      -- this should install various /usr/local/samba/bin/smb* (like smbmount and smbclient) with lfs

Also, had to add "lfs" option to fstab to allow Linux to Windows >2G coping.
     fstab example:    //[WINDOWS]/[SHARE] /mnt/[LOCALDIR]  smbfs noauto,lfs 1 2
     mount example:  mount  -t smbfs -o lfs //[WINDOWS]/[SHARE] /mnt/[LOCALDIR]

Zeke