[lug] scanner recommendation request

Daniel Webb lists at danielwebb.us
Wed Mar 31 11:51:56 MST 2004

I'm looking for a scanner to use with Linux, but don't even know where to
start.  My requirements are that it be:

1) Fast.  This seems to mean I need to get a SCSI scanner.  I already have
a good SCSI card which has 2 or 3 kinds of SCSI connectors on it.

2) Cheap, old, tried-and-true.  Something from Ebay that will be cheap,
but very well supported and last forever.  Think HP Laserjet 4 or IBM
Thinkpad 600E.

Quality and resolution are secondary.  I want to use this to scan a lot of
old articles and maybe even a book or two very very quickly.  The faster
per scan the better.

Daniel