[lug] scanner recommendation request

Ferdinand Schmid fschmid at archenergy.com
Wed Mar 31 19:51:42 MST 2004

Daniel,

If you can find an old commercial scanner then you may find speed on an older
unit.  Otherwise you will be better off with a modern unit.  My Epson scanner
(about 2 years old) beats our one year older SCSI model that we have at the
office without a problem.  USB2 is pretty fast - in fact it is about as fast
as FireWire.  Most current scanners offer USB and firewire.  SANE on SuSE made
configuration trivial.

Ferdinand