[lug] scanner recommendation request

John Dollison JohnDollison at hotmail.com
Thu Apr 1 08:19:29 MST 2004

Daniel, I have an Epson Perfection 636U (USB) scanner with the optional
document feeder.  I recently replaced it with an HP All-In-One for space
reasons, and would be willing to part with it.  (I'll even throw in the
Epson 640 inkjet printer, too.)  I've never tried to use it under Linux, but
I've found many articles that say it works fine, like this one:

"I recently decided to enter the world of scanners, too. I chose the USB
Epson 636U which looked like a good match with my Mandrake 7.2 desktop. It
took me about 10 mins of installing sane and xsane, and then editing the
appropriate files, but when I was done I was thoroughly impressed with the
results."
by fester on Thursday May 24, @03:58PM
(http://www.linuxmednews.com/linuxmednews/990489359/990737931/addPostingForm
)

John D.
Anyone who's interested in the scanner or printer, e-mail me off-list at
john-at-dollison-dot-com, or call me at 303-499-7769.