[lug] Sharp Zaurus SL-6000L

Zan Lynx zlynx at acm.org
Thu Apr 1 10:53:24 MST 2004

On Thu, 2004-04-01 at 10:35, Crawford Rainwater wrote:
> For those who have been looking for a Linux PDA with WiFi (802.11b), the
> Sharp Zaurus SL-6000L's just hit the shelves in the US.
>
> http://www.pdalive.com/showarticle.php?threadid=5897
>
> For those wanting to purchase one, we (The Linux ETC Company) will be
> able to get these via bulk (5+) below the listed price at Amazon.com
> of $699.99, though we do have to charge sales tax obviously.
>
> If anyone is interested in purchasing one, give me a ring at the number
> below.
>
> For everyone else, enjoy drolling some as well. ;-)

I was indeed looking at those and wanting one.  I am so disappointed
they didn't include Bluetooth in the US version!  Why!?  Why!?

It would be perfect for syncronizing cell phones.  I could probably use
my nifty Logitech Bluetooth keyboard with it.

But no...the Japanese get it and we don't.  *sigh*
--
Zan Lynx <zlynx at acm.org>