[lug] Linux email server recommendations

Michael Belanger mrb at ciclops.org
Fri Apr 9 15:22:18 MDT 2004

Greetings.

We are in the midst of getting a replacement email/file/dns server to
replace our ailing Alpha system (Redhat 7.1).  It is currently running
sendmail and procmail.

I don't hear any bad things about Suse's Email Exchange server but I
think it may be overkill for our environment.

I also want something that is very easy to secure/maintain/setup.
Programming is my primary function in my organization, but I also have
to wear the systems admin hat.. So.. I just need something I don't need
to invest a lot of mental energy with.

The server it is going on is an IBM X345 with Dual processors and mucho
ram.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Michael R. Belanger                    Yahoo!:  darthwonka
DB Programmer                          MSN:     mrbelanger at hotmail.com
                                        Jabber:  mrb at jabber.ciclops.org
"We are the music makers,
And we are the dreamers of dreams.." -Arthur O'Shaughnessy (1844-1881)