[lug] Linux email server recommendations

Ferdinand Schmid fschmid at archenergy.com
Fri Apr 9 15:33:54 MDT 2004

Of course there are many solutions out there...  But since you ask - I would
consider installing SuSE Professional and configuring Postfix and procmail.
Security updates are a piece of cake (even kernel updates can be done by a
novice without problems).  Patching can be automated through cron so that it
downloads all patches and alerts you when it's time to install them.

SuSE comes to mind since ease of admin tasks for a secure system is one of
your goals...

Ferdinand