[lug] Linux email server recommendations

Joey McDonald joey at scare.org
Sat Apr 10 08:23:01 MDT 2004

We're running the following configuration:

RHL 9
Postfix
Amavis-new
Clamd
Spamassassin
procmail
popa3d

and a really simple popb4smtp script we wrote. It's been really
stable and has worked very well for us. Only took us a weekend
or so to get it all setup. So, that's what I'd recommend. I'm
especially impressed with clamd. It seems to have blocked some
virus' that the commerical host-based anti-virus programs haven't
blocked (for whatever reason).

	--joey