[lug] Various Boot Problems

Dhruva B. Reddy bdhruva at gmx.net
Fri Apr 16 21:45:09 MDT 2004

I ended up doing the following:

	1. Went to the 2.6.5 kernel.
	2. Figured out how to include the driver (PIIX) for my SATA
	   controller in the kernel, instead of compiling as a module
	   (eliminating the need for an initrd).
	3. Switched to LILO (this was a shot in the dark, and now that
	   I've got it working, I'm not really motivated to switch boot
	   loaders again).

It now boots just fine.  Thank you all for your responses.

-d

On Fri, 09 Apr 2004 at 17:31 -0600, Dhruva B. Reddy soliloquized thusly: