[lug] Question about Mesa Networks

Paul E Condon pecondon at mesanetworks.net
Wed Apr 21 18:52:39 MDT 2004

I've just got connected to internet via Mesa Networks. Since it is
local, I'm supposing that others who have been with then longer than
I are members of this list. Mesa uses fixed wireless, but otherwise
seems to offer always on service much like Comcast. My question is:

What special security considerations are there when using Mesa Networks?
I'm worried because their informational materials make it sound as if
there are no problems, but I wonder...

My security concerns are rather modest. I run a small LAN, 2 Linux,
2 iMacs, 1 print server. I have been using dial-up, so this is the
first time that I have to confront the nasty aspects of always-on
internet service.

TIA

--
Paul E Condon