[lug] SATA raid array

George Sexton gsexton at mhsoftware.com
Mon Apr 26 09:39:26 MDT 2004

I have used 3Ware with pretty good luck. I have a system running on the
2 drive SATA controller doing mirroring and it works fine.

The 3Ware controller drivers are part of the kernel tree, and the
quality seems to be really good. Most of the other Serial ATA
controllers (Promise, HPT) seem to actually be software RAID, and the
drivers are proprietary.

I built another system using the 6 drive controller running Windows XP,
and it too seems to be running very stably.

George Sexton
MH Software, Inc.
Home of Connect Daily Web Calendar Software
http://www.mhsoftware.com/connectdaily.htm
Voice: 303 438 9585