[lug] ppp and eth0

Paul E Condon pecondon at mesanetworks.net
Wed Apr 28 15:07:15 MDT 2004

Many pre-built ppp configurations assume that they can lay claim to
the 192.168.0.x subnet, and that 192.168.0.1 is the default route.
But your eth0 is already using it. You can easily work around this
by changing instrument setup to use 192.168.1.x

Sharing 192.168.0.x as you are doing may work today, and maybe not
tomorrow. And then again your ppp scripts may probe for an available
subnet. In which case these comments are irrelevant to your situation.

Paul