[lug] WordPerfect for Linux is back --- more or less

John Starkey lug at breezedev.com
Fri Apr 30 01:20:50 MDT 2004

> > I'd like to see this succeed: I am, and have been, of the opinion that
> > WP was the best word-processing program of all time. So I'd like to see
> > this work, in spite of the sarcastic tone of this e-mail.
> >
> > I'm just not sure about paying someone to test their software for them.
> > Shouldn't it be the other way around?

$30 sounds pretty reasonable for something that you clearly think sucks
less. If you're that psyched to see development continue, give them some
compensation. Every software in the world could still be considered beta
if "stable == perfect".

methinks us Linux users are getting too used to freebies.

john