[lug] Installation Guidance Request

Charlie Rose ros5e at ISAaC.com
Fri Apr 30 11:44:54 MDT 2004

To everyone kind enough to reply to my Request for Guidance ... there is
one thing I neglected to mention. I am NOT going to install Linux next to
Windows. I don't want to deal with those complications right now. I
acquired a computer that will be dedicated to Linux, and although Windows
2000 happens to be on the machine now, I plan to be rid of it and all other
files that happen to be there.

There is only one partition on the hard drive, and I gather I can just
install Mandrake 9.0 splat on top of everything, thereby wiping out
anything that's already there. I don't think I even have to format the hard
drive. Is that right?
Charlie Rose               FAX: 303-545-6674
Innovative Scientific Analysis and Computing
P.O. Box 1636, Boulder, Colorado, 80306-1636

Web Site:                 <http://www.ISAaC.com>
My PGP Public Key:
<http://pgpkeys.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0xF57617F9>