[lug] Installation Guidance Request

Calvin Dodge caldodge at fpcc.net
Sat May 1 12:02:52 MDT 2004

On Sat, May 01, 2004 at 11:40:05AM -0600, Trent Turner wrote:
> 3.  Run a partition manipulator.  Partition Magic if you're rich, fips
> or some other free software.  I gotta believe most distros come out with

GNU Parted is the way to go now, IMHO. You can download a self-booting
floppy image from the Gnu site or a suitable mirror.

Fips apparently hasn't been updated in 6 years, while Parted is updated
regularly. Also, Parted doesn't require you to run a defragger first - it
can move data around the disk on its own.

Calvin
--
Calvin Dodge
Certified Linux Bigot (tm)