[lug] SATA raid array

Sean Reifschneider jafo at tummy.com
Sun May 2 20:29:05 MDT 2004

On Mon, Apr 26, 2004 at 11:23:12AM -0400, Ed Hill wrote:
>We're about to build a 2-4TB ATA-133 array here at work and are thinking
>about using SATA instead.  The SATA drives look pretty competitive on a
>speed/cost basis and our only real concern is the driver quality for
>SATA controllers with Linux.  Any recommendations would be appreciated.

SATA for big RAID systems rocks my world!

   http://journal.codeslinger.com/getentry.html?stamp=20030920_1858

My journal entry above includes photos of a 1TB array that I built using
SATA last year.  I used the 3ware SATA RAID boards, and they just work.
The difficulty in cabling a 3TB array using regular ATA cables is going
to make for a challenge.

Sean
--
 Just go with the flow control, roll with the crunches, and, when you
 get a prompt, type like hell.