[lug] Finding a File

Charlie Rose ros5e at ISAaC.com
Thu May 6 18:42:42 MDT 2004

At 2004-05-06:17:20, you wrote:
>On looking at rpmfind, it appears that there is an rpm package named
>minicom.  It sounds as if it may not be installed.  To check, run:
>
>rpm -q minicom
>
>If it is installed, you can do
>
>rpm -ql minicom
>
>to see which files are included in the package.
>
>If it isn't installed, use the media that you used to install Mandrake
>and install the rpm from there.

Many thanks, Hugh! I did what you suggested, found that it wasn't
installed, and then figured out how to get it installed. This went
swimmingly, but when I ran it, it came back and told me, "There is no
global configuration file /etc/minirc.dfl". It then told me to ask my
SysAdm to create one for me. This will be tough because *I'm* the SysAdm,
and I don't know Jack about what I'm doing. Here's hoping I can find some
documentation on minicom somewhere.
Charlie Rose               FAX: 303-545-6674
Innovative Scientific Analysis and Computing
P.O. Box 1636, Boulder, Colorado, 80306-1636

Web Site:                 <http://www.ISAaC.com>
My PGP Public Key:
<http://pgpkeys.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0xF57617F9>