[lug] SIGTERM on boot

Zulaware zulaware at comcast.net
Fri May 7 11:14:02 MDT 2004

Hi everybody,

I'm trying to get a RH7.3 box to start up three instances of tomcat and
apache on boot  up. I've done this on several machines already, but on
this particular one, all four processes seem to start up, then get a
SIGTERM (according to apache/tomcat logs) and shut down. If I start them
by running the /etc/rc3.d/ scripts, they all start up fine and persist,
but when I reboot, there is nothing.

Any ideas what would be terminating these or how I can track it down?
There is nothing in /var/log/messages. Everything that seems pertinent
in the root environment look OK

Thanks,

Michael Wegener