[lug] Boulder Company Needs Java Developer

Patty Laushman patty at theuptimegroup.com
Sun May 9 10:08:57 MDT 2004

Hi everyone!  My husband and I very much enjoyed speaking to the group last December about gaining employment in the Linux world.  Hopefully, I can help one of you out more directly now.

My client in Boulder is looking specifically for a full time Java developer with strong Linux skills.  This person will work as a part of a small team responsible for developing and deploying a web-based marketing campaign management application.

Qualified candidates must meet the following requirements:

* 4  years of Java web development experience
* Message management, campaign management, or customer relationship management application experience.
* JSP, servlets and tag library experience
* Relational database experience including JDBC, general SQL knowledge, and developer-level database administration skills
* Experience with MVC architecture
* Experience with XML syntax and parsing
* Ability to work under very tight deadlines
* BS/BA Computer Science, Information Systems or equivalent

Candidates that have experience with the following are preferred:

* Jakarta Struts or similar MVC framework
* IBM DB2, MySQL and/or PostgreSQL
* Eclipse development IDE
* Web services, specifically with Jakarta Axis
* Developing and/or deploying Java applications on Linux

For immediate consideration, please e-mail me a description of how your experience fits the requirements and preferences, your resume and salary expectations.

Thanks!

Patty Laushman
The Uptime Group, Inc.
(303) 757-4611, Ext. 404