[lug] KDE windows rolling up

Michael D. Hirsch mhirsch at nubridges.com
Fri May 14 12:26:30 MDT 2004

On Thursday 13 May 2004 11:49 pm, Timothy Klein wrote:
> On Thursday 13 May 2004 07:38 pm, Elyse M. Grasso wrote:

> > Now to see about lynching the idiot who decided to call this behavior
> > "shading".
>
> It is a somewhat counterintuitive name, that is for sure.  Also, it behaves
> the opposite of a window shade, sort of.  Oh well.
>
> I love all these options -- but that one I don't use.  I thought it was
> kewl for about 5 minutes, and then just found it annoying and turned it
> off.

It's especially kewl if you turn on the sound notifications.  It sounds like a
window shade rolling up.  That would have probably helped you understand it,
too.

But I agree, it is mostly an unused feature.  I have it turned on but almost
never use it.  My wife, does, though, so someone likes it.

Michael