[lug] Sun Client Redhat AS3 NFS Probs

Hugh Brown hugh at math.byu.edu
Sat May 15 23:01:55 MDT 2004

> > Have you tried to rebuild the quota files?
> >

> There are no quotas setup, why should I have to rebuild the quota
> files?  Of course, Ie only used quotas on Sun systems in the
> past, is there a big difference moving to Linux?
>
> -Jeff

chances are the sun and the linux clients are trying to follow quota
restrictions, talk to rquotad on the server, rquotad can't reply with
the quota info and outputs an error to syslog.

so, you can probably take care of your errors by either turning off
rquotad or by setting up the quota files.

Hugh