[lug] OT: suggestions for wiki/cms/?? for a family site

Michael J. Hammel mjhammel at graphics-muse.org
Tue May 18 17:27:30 MDT 2004

On Tue, 2004-05-18 at 18:06, Hugh Brown wrote:
> I'm looking for something to be able to allow people to write family
> stories/family history, update contact info, post events, share recipes,
> etc.
> I'd also need it to require logins and have the means to block random
> person from registering.

I set up PMWiki in just a few minutes, essentially. Just unpack into a
directory on your web site and then a few minor mods to get it running.
Lots of customizing is possible too.  It doesn't have logins but since
it unpacks under a single directory tree you could put in simple apache
password protection on that directory.  No db required, though it can
use them if you have them.

http://www.pmwiki.org/
--
Michael J. Hammel                               The Graphics Muse
mjhammel at graphics-muse.org                      http://www.graphics-muse.com