[lug] Query about RAID monitoring

Jeffrey Brown jabrown at co.jefferson.co.us
Fri May 21 08:24:27 MDT 2004

Well I didn't have /proc/rd although, your post pointed to me the proc
filesystem where I found /proc/scsi/gdth/0 which is my RAID controller.
I since then wrote a script to monitor the status of all drives in the
array based on their state and then email me if there is a problem. Of
course Intel's driver monitors on a Windows OS unfortunately not Linux
but, nothing a little #!/bin/bash couldn't handle. Thanks for all the
replies ... seems 3ware is pretty popular.

>>> chip at rmpg.org 5/20/2004 11:08:36 AM >>>
You can also look in /proc/rd.  There are "files" there that have the
status of the controller and disks on it.

Chip
On Thu, 20 May 2004, Jeffrey Brown wrote:

> I am curious, for those of you dealing with linux servers utilizing
RAID