[lug] Linux Journal article about software radio

robmohr at earthnet.net robmohr at earthnet.net
Fri May 21 14:58:39 MDT 2004

Hello lug,

Linux Journal has an article about software radio.  Usually I can read along in
LJ and get the gist of the theme.  But I got lost in a hurry on this one.

Is software radio just a parlor trick?  Or does it have immediate applications?
I am guessing here, are cell phones more software than hardware or equal parts
of each?  Pointless question?

My RF experience stopped at a crystal diode hack in kindergarten.  But I would
buy a Heathkit in a heartbeat, but they don't make them anymore.

Rob Mohr
eof