[lug] Did Linus really not write Linux?

Nick Golder purenrg at hiveportal.net
Sat May 22 15:15:34 MDT 2004

On 2004-05-22 15:00 -0600, Ferdinand Schmid wrote:
> HI,
>
> I don't know how many of you have followed the latest M$ funded FUD
> campaign...  A so-called "Thinktank" claims that Linus didn't write Linux.
> The link below contains interesting information about the topic and the
> history of Unix in general, written by Andy Tanenbaum.
>
> http://www.cs.vu.nl/~ast/brown/

I caught this when it was /. this past week.  I like how ast still
takes jabs at Linus about the monolithic vs. microkernel.  What is even
more interesting is that microkernels still don't seem to compete with
monolithic on the workstation/server line.  There are still several out
there that are under devel but seem to have the same related issues.

--
-Nick Golder