[lug] SCSI weirdness

Sean Reifschneider jafo at tummy.com
Mon Jun 7 17:00:19 MDT 2004

On Tue, May 11, 2004 at 10:01:14PM -0700, Alberto Squassabia wrote:
>A SCSI tower has nine LVD Wide SCSI devices, ID are
>0,1,2,3,4,5,6,8,9.  The disks are SCA devices, mounted
>with 9 SCA-to-68 adapters. All except 3 are recognized

I tried setting up a system almost exactly like this many years ago.  I
found that if I ran the drives alone on a chain, they were fine, but if
I had all of them together they were flaky.  I finally solved this
problem by selling the drives off to people who were going to use them
alone, and doing something else.

Sean
--
 "I'm a big girl."  "Yeah, and in all the right places, too."
                 -- _North_by_Northwest_