[lug] individual frames from AVI file?

Michael J. Hammel mjhammel at graphics-muse.org
Thu Jun 10 08:24:33 MDT 2004

On Thu, 2004-06-10 at 02:04, Tkil wrote:
> Either way, I eventually got "mplayer" to spit out the individual
> frames in a lossless format (PNG), so I was set.

That was a new one to me.  I never thought about using MPlayer to do
file conversion, though now that someone mentions it I can see how that
would be possible.  Gotta remember to think outside the lines once in
awhile.  :-)

Cool project.  You should consider doing an article on that.  Its the
kind of thing not often covered by the major Linux mags.  I'm sure
they'd like to see something on it.  Heck, just do it for the Linux
Gazette if nothing else.
--
Michael J. Hammel                               The Graphics Muse
mjhammel at graphics-muse.org                      http://www.graphics-muse.com