[lug] comcast and multiple IPs

D. Stimits stimits at comcast.net
Sat Jun 12 15:34:58 MDT 2004

D. Stimits wrote:
> Mr Viggy wrote:
>
>> Yes, I know, this is OT...
>>
>> Dude, are we talking about personal Internet, or Business?  Because,
>> what you decribe is close to business.  I can't tell you how to run your
>> family, but even there, one can say, "Hey, look, only ONE person can
>> play a gome on the Net at a time!"  And, if my family were to say,
>> "No!", my response would be, "Okay, you pay for your share!"  Funny,
>> this all sounds familiar....
>

> Come on, lighten up. Other people are looking up stocks on paid
> financial report sights from more than one comp. The same login name
> from the same IP seems to confuse them. As for games, that's just part
> of it. Separate IP's ARE a good way to track it. The problem is, comcast
> keeps changing and saying different parts of the same thing are now to
> be charged for twice. Sort of going to a restaurant, and having the
> sandwich cut in half for years, then suddenly hearing them say "but
> that's 2 sandwiches! You have to pay for 2!". When it is a commercial
> business to look up personal stocks I'll kiss their behinds. And quit
> using the Internet.

Btw, I'm surprised you've never heard of people sharing cable in a house
and having roommates. It beats paying for a separate phone line and
having 56k for each person. But there is no way in hell anyone here
wants to either wait for the other person when they are paying to do
something else, whether it is a phone line to use or whether it is a
stock report or whether it is a game...they pay they shouldn't have to
be limited. We share and pay for extra IP's. Comcast however has upped
the cost of the extra IP's by 20 dollars over the last year based
entirely on splitting and nickel and diming us each time we call the
service center for failures. It isn't possible to get a failure fixed
here without the bill being evaluated for how much more they can charge.
You might be satisfied with paying more for less and unilateral change
of contract terms but I'm not. As for the topic of why real IP's are
sometimes better, you just are not in the right situation to appreciate
it if you thing NAT does it all, that's just crap.

D. Stimits, stimits AT comcast DOT net