[lug] proper way to MD5SUM a cdrom?

Dhruva B. Reddy bdhruva at gmx.net
Mon Jun 14 12:40:58 MDT 2004

I sparked a similar thread on this list 2 years ago
(http://archive.lug.boulder.co.us/bymonth/2002.06/msg00172.html).

I have been using the suggestion in this post
(http://archive.lug.boulder.co.us/bymonth/2002.06/msg00176.html) and it
works great.

Note that all of the approaches suggested in response to my post involve a
file-by-file comparison, rather than an image/device comparison.  I get
a list of checksums from the original file tree, then mount the image
(http://tldp.org/HOWTO/CD-Writing-HOWTO-3.html, see "Test the
CD-image") and get a list of checksums for that, then mount the final
product (the CD) and do the same.

-d

On Mon, 14 Jun 2004 at 11:46 -0600, Sean Reifschneider soliloquized thusly: