[lug] Re: comcast and multiple IPs

Jeff Patterson feenix at ticnet.com
Sun Jun 20 12:06:10 MDT 2004

Comcast might be slightly more expensive, but I like it.  I've lived in my
house for almost 3 years and had my internet shut down 2 times.  ONce was
during the @home fiasco and the other time it was a billing dispute, which I
won.  I use a linux server for multiple items, including a DHCP server; it's
been running for almost a solid year now.  It would've been running longer,
but I had a power failure last summer which caused it to shut down.
Overall, I'm very happy with comcast even though it is a bit pricey.

My wife uses the web almost daily for research (she's a Ph.D. student @ CU
Boulder) and I use it often to VPN into work.  I have great bandwidth at
home, ~1-2MB DL; my biggest complaint is the UL bandwidth which is only 128
kb.  If they would offer something greator, I would very seriously consider
paying the premium.  Unfortunately, the last time I looked they didn't.

Jeff