[lug] SuSE 9.0 -> 9.1

Ferdinand Schmid fschmid at archenergy.com
Sun Jun 20 15:12:42 MDT 2004

This is a very late reply...  In case you haven't discovered this already -
the XFS kernel module in the original 9.1 kernel is broken.  So if you had
installed your root partition using XFS then you can't upgrade.  In my opinion
this was the worst bug in any SuSE release I have seen (since the 6.x days).

FYI - 9.1 uses a 2.6 kernel with all its benefits and problems ;)

Ferdinand

--On Wednesday, June 16, 2004 12:53:13 PM -0600 George Sexton