[lug] Gmail invite - how to get one?

Gary Hodges Gary.Hodges at noaa.gov
Sun Jun 20 15:26:37 MDT 2004

----- Original Message -----
From: Matt Thompson <thompsma at colorado.edu>
Date: Sunday, June 20, 2004 8:45 am
Subject: Re: [lug] Gmail invite - how to get one?

> Gary Hodges wrote:
> >>Buy 15K+ of google ads....
> >

> > It was a little cheaper, and easier, than that.  I just bought
> three
> > accounts on ebay for a grand total of $3.50.  One indicated I
> might
> > start getting offers from Google/Gmail to invite others.  So I'm
> up and
> > running with Gmail.  Funny that one account name I went for was
> already
> > taken.  I did get my name though which is what I was really after.
>
> And, you see, it is now even cheaper for the rest of us!
>
> Ahem...
>
> Gary, can I have an invite?  Gary, can I have an invite?  Gary,
> can I
> have an invite?  Gary, can I have an invite?  Gary, can I have an
> invite?  Gary, can I have an invite?  Gary, can I have an invite?
> Gary,
> can I have an invite?  Gary, can I have an invite?  Gary, can I
> have an
> invite?

Well, so far I haven't received a batch of blank invites on any
account.  You can be sure I won't sell them for $0.99 on ebay if I do!
The last of the three I bought last night arrived a bit ago.  Been
trying to think of a good name, but almost everything I come up with
has been taken.  I'm also checking the really obvious ones just for fun
and none has been available.  I'd suggest going the ebay route to get
your address sooner rather than later if you're after a specific
account name.

Cheers,
Gary