[lug] OT: wiring a house for ethernet

Ryan Wheaton ryan.wheaton at comcast.net
Mon Jun 28 10:05:14 MDT 2004

Hey all,

Sorry for the OT post, but figured there were some smart cookies in
here with good ideas from previous experience.  I just moved into a new
(rental) house.  In our old house, we had run cables every which way,
mashing them under floorboards, etc...  (a real professional job) In
the new house, I'd like to have a more "professional" job -- you know,
with eth outlets in the walls, instead of running cables under carpets
and such.  Any ideas on the best way to go about this, or how the pros
really do it?  I haven't been able to locate any kind of crawl space
under the house, and finding an attic may not help me cause most of the
rooms are downstairs...

If it's too much of a hassle, anyone know of any good local companies
that will do this for not too much $$?

thanks --

-rtw