[lug] SCSI DVD RW price!

Nate Duehr nate at natetech.com
Mon Jun 28 12:58:30 MDT 2004

Gary Hodges wrote:
> I was just politly admonsihed by the STORAGEHEAVEN folks for posting
> these prices. The fine print of the original email had a disclaimer that
> it was just for me, etc. Unfortunately I missed that the first time.
> They asked me to clarify the product a bit. From their email...
>
> ----------------------
> However, more importantly, I would just like to clarify that you are
> aware the Diablo and Cobre's are complete kits with software, cables,
> terminators, full year maintenance warranty for the various UNIX and
> LINUX platforms. In order words, these are not just "bare" drives. Some
> of these units also include hard drives for storing images for your DVD
> application.
> ----------------------
>
> If you want more info on these drives, please see <www.storageheaven.com>.
>
> Gary

Still not worth it.

:-)

And the request to you to not post their prices and to post a follow-up
says a lot about their culture and values.  Definitely not a company I'd
want to do business with.

I prefer dealing with companies that post their prices up-front.  Hiding
up-front prices is like working with car dealerships, which I loathe.

Sorry -- this is getting OT.

Nate Duehr, nate at natetech.com