[lug] Meeting space

Chris Riddoch chris-blug at syntacticsugar.org
Thu Jul 1 21:17:09 MDT 2004

Hi, everyone.

At the last meeting, we ran into a little problem with our meeting
space, and had to find another room at the very last minute.

Many of you will also remember that this isn't the first time we've
had to spontaneously relocate.  The law school is, in theory, a great
place to meet.  The people at the law school are competent and
(*gasp*) nice to do business with.  We have network access, nice
projectors, and plenty of space there.  Unfortunately, there's very
frequent confusion on the part of other groups (*cough*) about which
group has reserved which room.

I figure we've had to find a new room about one in five months, on
average.  I don't know about everyone else, but I'm beginning to find
this rather annoying.  (I'm sure this was apparent to everyone at the
June meeting.)

Thanks to one of our regulars, we have use of a projector if we change
meeting spaces.  This makes it easier to find a reasonable location.
Here are our requirements:

* A space big enough for 60 people, and enough chairs.
* A place where we can shine a projector
* Power
* Network access is a plus

Just a note: July's meeting, next week, *will* be at the Law School.
I have 104 reserved (technically) for August's meeting, too, just in
case, but let's start looking at our options.

--
epistemological humility
   - Chris Riddoch -