[lug] Installing Linux on PowerPC G3

David Anselmi anselmi at anselmi.us
Sun Jul 11 08:49:20 MDT 2004

Zichary O`Tea wrote:
[...]
> And, once I get this taken care of, What Linux distribution would you
> recommend fora PowerPC?  I was leaning towards yellow dog over other
> distros that are more focused on x86.

Debian.  It is not "focused on x86", nor is is focused on PowerPC (like
yellow dog), so you get one distro to run on all your machines and
you'll be very comfortable regardless which machine you're using.

I use Debian on Alpha and x86.  The only time I notice a difference is
changing kernels when I have to think about the different boot loaders.

Dave