[lug] Installing Linux on PowerPC G3

Timothy Klein teece at silverklein.net
Tue Jul 13 15:59:24 MDT 2004

On Tuesday 13 ShortJuly 2004 11:03 am, rm at fabula.de wrote:
> P.S: expect some software to show quirks on PPC -- more and more new
> programs seem to forget that there are non-intels out here .....

Tangent:

As I understand it, this is one of the prominent reasons getting the next
release of Debian ready for stable can be a pain in the ass.  Debian has a
policy of treating all architectures with the same validity.  Thus an
Intelism in a prominent piece of software needs to either be fixed, or that
software ditched, before the next release.  And Debiann suports a bunch of
acrhitectures.

It sounds like a major headache.  I don't evny Debian developers.

Tim
== Timothy Klein || teece at silverklein.net
== Vanity Page: http://tinyurl.com/vkhp
== Hello_World.c: 17 Errors, 31 Warnings...