[lug] New to the scene of RPM building.

Michael J. Hammel mjhammel at graphics-muse.org
Tue Jul 20 15:41:00 MDT 2004

On Tue, 2004-07-20 at 14:50, Michael D. Hirsch wrote:
> It displays rather poorly in Konqueror.  Mostly the spacing is bad between
> components and they end up overlapping.  The backgrounds appear kinda dark
> for black text, but maybe I'm just getting old and my eyes are failing.

Which version of Konqueror are you using?  I just tried (first time - I
forgot it was installed) on my RH9 (via KRUD) system.  I've got
Konqueror 3.1 and aside from poor rendering of JPEGs, the pages look
about right.  I don't see any overlapping. The overlapping was the one
thing I was worried might happen in other browsers (specifically IE,
which still seems to have problems with their box models).

Are you using the default configuration for fonts?  Or do you override
my CSS settings?

The backgrounds are kinda dark - I did some color lookups in various
graphics design texts to try and pick color schemes for different
projects.  However, the text colors for foreground text (not
highlighted) are pretty basic - ie black or near black.  I should
probably consider using better contrast colors for that.

Thanks for the feedback!
--
Michael J. Hammel                               The Graphics Muse
mjhammel at graphics-muse.org                      http://www.graphics-muse.com