[lug] New to the scene of RPM building.

Michael D. Hirsch mhirsch at nubridges.com
Wed Jul 21 08:14:03 MDT 2004

On Tuesday 20 July 2004 05:41 pm, Michael J. Hammel wrote:
> On Tue, 2004-07-20 at 14:50, Michael D. Hirsch wrote:
> > It displays rather poorly in Konqueror.  Mostly the spacing is bad
> > between components and they end up overlapping.  The backgrounds appear
> > kinda dark for black text, but maybe I'm just getting old and my eyes are
> > failing.
>
> Which version of Konqueror are you using?  I just tried (first time - I
> forgot it was installed) on my RH9 (via KRUD) system.  I've got
> Konqueror 3.1 and aside from poor rendering of JPEGs, the pages look
> about right.  I don't see any overlapping. The overlapping was the one
> thing I was worried might happen in other browsers (specifically IE,
> which still seems to have problems with their box models).

I'm using konqueror 3.2.3 from the sourceforge kde on redhat project running
on RH 9.

> Are you using the default configuration for fonts?  Or do you override
> my CSS settings?

I have a high res monitor, so I have to use large fonts.  (IMHO this is an X
stupidity.  A 10 point font should be a 10 point font regardless of the
monitor resolution.  But instead, a 10 point font is almost unreadable to me.
I have my medium font size set to 13 and my minimum set to 11.  I use the
default stylesheet.

My fonts are:
standard: Sans
fixed: Monospace
Serif: Bitstream Vera Serif
Sans serif: Bitstream Vera Sans
Cursive: URW Chancery L
Fantasy: URW Chancery L

I suspect that my large fonts are destroying your layout.  Is there a way you
can not hard code the layout?

If you'd like a screenshot I can provide one.

Michael