[lug] Subversion user auth question

Michael J. Hammel mjhammel at graphics-muse.org
Wed Jul 21 08:52:15 MDT 2004

On Wed, 2004-07-21 at 09:10, Matt Thompson wrote:
> I think I did much the same.  I set it up like the svn book says to with
> htpasswd on svn-auth-file and then I require use of https:// a la:
>
> http://pyre.third-bit.com/helium/subversion_linux.html
>
> Of course, my piddling one-man repo probably doesn't need this (heck,
> RCS is overkill for a lot of what I do), but it was a good learning
> experience setting it up.  Happily, all my Apache trouble was taken care
> of when I set up Squirrelmail.

I was trying to avoid the apache upgrade to 2.0.48 (required to use the
subversion server RPMs on red hat 9).  I'm testing at work and need to
stick with 2.0.40 for the time being.  But my colo might be upgradable
to 2.0.48.

I was just trying to do it without the apache authentication stuff.  It
sounds easy in the svn book.  But it isn't so far.  I think I must be
missing something basic.
--
Michael J. Hammel                               The Graphics Muse
mjhammel at graphics-muse.org                      http://www.graphics-muse.com