[lug] New to the scene of RPM building.

Michael J. Hammel mjhammel at graphics-muse.org
Wed Jul 21 09:00:37 MDT 2004

On Tue, 2004-07-20 at 17:30, Elyse M. Grasso wrote:
> But I always heard that for proper site design you should avoid specifying
> sizes of things that could be disrupted by things that could be disrupted by
> user font choices and such. The text in the bullet list under the license,
> and in the What is Xeus box are both pretty marginal, and I would NOT want to
> try reading them on a screen in a serif font at this size. What font and type
> size are you specifying?

They're using 8pt and 7pt respectively.  On my little LCD monitor at
home and my laptop at work that's fine.  But it probably sucks on
anything else.  I need to change them both.  They both also include
georgia in their list of font families to use, although the list
elements default to verdana.  I need to remove the georgia references
and use fonts that are likely to be common on Unix systems - Helvetica,
Times and (perhaps) Verdana.  Its just that helvetica and times are so
ugly on my displays.  Ugh.

It'll be nice when fonts can be downloaded with pages so this ugliness
is finally resolved and page appearance can be safely placed in the
hands of designers.  ;-)

--
Michael J. Hammel                               The Graphics Muse
mjhammel at graphics-muse.org                      http://www.graphics-muse.com