[lug] Financial SW & email lists?

Dhruva B. Reddy bdhruva at gmx.net
Wed Jul 21 09:32:15 MDT 2004

I use gnucash to manage my company's books and, well, it's not ideal.  I
could really use the hand-holding offered by QuickBooks (the extent of my
accounting experience is this class that I took in high school).  I often
find myself wishing that Intuit had not abandoned non-Windows platforms.
Also, IIRC it doesn't do invoicing very well (or at all).

It works nicely for home finances, though.  Between the reporting it
does and the way I have it set up, I can tell at a glance how much I
spend on junk food, how much I owe my parents :-(, etc.

I was impressed with the way it imports QIF files.  It does a pretty
good job of guessing which accounts are affected by each transaction.

-d

On Tue, 20 Jul 2004 at 16:18 -0600, Dan Ferris soliloquized thusly: