[lug] Financial SW & email lists?

rm at fabula.de rm at fabula.de
Thu Jul 22 03:32:34 MDT 2004

On Wed, Jul 21, 2004 at 06:04:40PM -0600, Bill Thoen wrote:
> I just heard of SQL-Ledger (http://www.sql-ledger.com/) which looks much
> better than gnucasah for business.

Even so local needs here might be rather different: SQL-ledger is a rather
impressive piece of software! Right now we do all of our billing (software
development/server administration/consulting) with SQL ledger. It's one of the
very vew applications where i don't miss the native GUI (it has a nice
way of simulating auto-fillout etc.). One dvantage for us: since we have it
installed on a (VPN'ed) server we can add work/billing items from our customer's
site (and even hand them the bill ;-)
Oh, and one can tweak the reports/bills in TeX :-) Big plus for me ....

 Ralf Mattes